- You have a right to protest!
- You do not need a permit to march on the sidewalk.
- You have a right to hold signs and hand out flyers.
- Protect your digital security.
- Do not consent to a search of your devices.
- Disable face or fingerprint unlock on your devices and do not unlock your device for police.
- You have a right to record the police as long as you do not interfere with their lawful duties.
- Officers are required to tell you their name, rank, command and the reason you are being stopped.
- If you are arrested, ask for a lawyer IMMEDIATELY then state that you are exercising your right to remain silent.
Need more information? Find it here at The Legal Aid Society.
If you are involved in a protest and you are arrested or experience police misconduct, contact JLJLAW for guidance regarding criminal court charges or potential civil court claims.